11.08.2007

God to Cleveland: "I Hate You"

Sure, Browns fans have some to something to get worked up about for next few days, delirious in the prospect that they might gain a tie for the lead in the AFC North, with what would be the first win against the Steelers in nine tries.

Such mawkish optimism belies the crushing big game downfalls that Cleveland sports teams have already weathered so far this year. I know this is nothing out of the ordinary for the Town That Success Forgot, but I would think that even Cleveland would have a hard time dealing with all its franchises getting cockpunched in the postseason. So, Brownies, before you do something drastic like getting in the AFC North race, consider your fans. They don't need yet another devastating playoff exit.

3 comments:

tecmo_bowl_bo_jackson said...

As much as I absolutely hate both the Red Sox and the Spurs, seeing those pics made me that much happier that I was born into this end of the Pittsburgh-Cleveland "rivalry."

Steve H said...

I agree with super bo. Only thing that could make that better is a shot of LeBron wearing the Yankees hat...

Cotter said...

You know who else hates Cleveland? Ichiro...just saying.