1.11.2008

Smell Ya Later


It's been a fun first year (at least until mid-November) of blogging at D.C. Steeler Nation, but I'll be going on hiatus for a few months. I'll be checking in periodically, especially around the draft, to air my uneducated views on the Steelers off-season priorities and how I think they've fucked it all up.

Meanwhile, coaching decisions are being second-guessed but no coaches are being fired. And every one who's ever played for the Steelers is having surgery. Huzzah.

Somehow, the team, despite having no appreciable offensive line during the year, has the best linemen going onto the market. Doesn't bode well for addressing that problem in free agency. If they could keep Faneca, that would be grand, if unlikely. I think Max Starks' worth is a little deceptive after a few satisfactory games late this season and isn't worth the money it would take to sign the highest rated tackle on the market. With Woodley coming on late in the year and Timmons being largely unused, I think Clark Haggans can be jettisoned.

Thanks for reading. Of course, you can always catch me slinging dick jokes over at Kissing Suzy Kolber. Enjoy spending the rest of the postseason drinking heavily and rooting against New England.

13 comments:

quiet strength said...

Yes, this postseason now officially sucks balls. "Yes, we have to cheer against the Patroits...but wait, so does that mean we cheer for the Colts? Fuck that! The Jags? Fuck that! Phillip Rivers and Co.? Shoot me!"

Christmas Ape said...

It's almost like the election this year.

Robert Ullman said...

"Yes, this postseason now officially sucks balls. "Yes, we have to cheer against the Patroits...but wait, so does that mean we cheer for the Colts? Fuck that! The Jags? Fuck that! Phillip Rivers and Co.? Shoot me!"

Such is the problem with being a longtime NFL fan...by my estimation, I'd say I hate (not just dislike, but hate) at least half the teams in the league. That said, I'd rather see the Colts win the next five Super Bowls than see the Patriots win one. I just hate them that fucking much.

ET said...

Good stuff this year X-mas Ape.
@Robert Ullman - Agreed on all counts. Fuck the cheater and his band of merryman

Christmas Ape said...

Holy shit. The cartoonist from the CityPaper just commented on the blog. Very cool -- appreciate your work.

Robert Ullman said...

Hey, pleasure's all mine. I love the blog, and keep up the good work!

BTW, I meant to send this along ages ago, but I don't think I ever did:
http://rkullman.blogspot.com/2006/02/super-bowl-fever.html

tecmo said...

Look forward to next season, Ape, even though I have no relation to the DC area. Fantastic work all season long.

Christmas Ape said...

Very nice. May have to incorporate that at some point. Credit included, of course.

TheStarterBoyfriend said...

Great job, Ape. I'm sorry I stumbled (drunkenly, I might ad) into the blog so late in the season.

I do pledge, for the upcoming season, to keep my comments under 10,000 words or less.

MDultrarunner said...

Like thestarterboyfriend, I stumbled on this blog accidentally (though not by means of alcohol). I've enjoyed reading your thoughts the second part of this season and trying to share my own pathetic knowledge of the Steelers. Keep up the good work. It's nice to know there are some other great Steeler fans besides me down here in this area of insufferable dickbags, er, um, Redskins fans.

Bert in Hershey said...

Great work ape. Looking forward to next season's posts.

F the Pats!

Spatula said...

After the reference in "Blog and Gold," I've become an avid reader. I'll keeping checking for your bon mottes. (From a Yinzer stuck in Alabama).

Sean said...

Thanks for another great season of Steelers coverage!