8.28.2008

Neil O'Donnell: Turf Salesman

"Sure, I blew the season, but at least I did it on such nice turf."

Sorry to invoke the bane of every Steelers fan's existence, but I ran across this amusing article detailing the new career of this irredeemable cockgoblin. Apparently Neil is hawking FieldTurf to sucker universities around the country.

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Neil O'Donnell may not be making plays with his arm anymore, but his new-found career still impacts the game on which he made his mark for 14 NFL seasons.

O'Donnell is making things happen with the field instead of on it as a sales representative for FieldTurf, a company that has developed a synthetic grass surface for athletic fields.

The 42-year-old said his time with the Titans was a perfect ending to his career.

"It was not a Super Bowl ending like Michael Strahan, but I had a clear mind, and I was ready to compete in something else."

O'Donnell was a color commentator for CBS at the time, but said he was not fully satisfied in his new job.

After the NFL consumed 14 years of his professional life, O'Donnell said he doesn't follow the league closely anymore.

"I usually have it on in the background while I do stuff with my kids," O'Donnell said. "I watch more college and high school football.

Hey, if Neil's the one selling it, no wonder the Steelers haven't converted Heinz Field to the stuff. I'd rather them play in the muck and the mire for a few more decades than buy anything from that prick.

(P.S. - Yes, I know O'Donnell attended my alma mater, Maryland, so don't bother pointing that out. His Steelers jersey is displayed in one of the local bars and I stopped going immediately after I saw it.)

6 comments:

Cotter said...

On the bright side, at least they referred to him as former TITANS QB, Neil O'Donnell, rather than former Steelers Super Bowl spoiler QB, Neil O'Donnell.

Dixie Normess said...

Do you think he's on Larry Brown's Christmas card list?




damnit all.

MrsRoethlisberger said...

Well said, Cotter. I'm glad there was no mention of the Steelers at all. We've had to throw back our fair share of "Arns" to forget about O'Donnell.

Spatula said...

Aaargh-gak-ggg

/Chokes on own bile

Vern said...

Never understood why people hate Neil O'Donnell so much. You don't think he would have brought one of Kordell's teams to the SB?

Anonymous said...

http://wittybanter.wordpress.com/2009/02/06/neil-odonnells-final-salvation/