8.10.2008

Suddenly The Steelers Are Hoarding QBs Like The Bucs


Two posts in about seven months. Yeah, I'm a bit down on myself for that. Heartfelt apologies to the six or so readers of the site. When I'm not writing for about 18 different blogs, I'm working on a book, so DCSN has taken a bit of a hit content-wise. But, hey, the season approacheth, so I don't have any more excuses.

I've in L.A. covering some stuff related to the new Madden game for Deadspin, so I missed the PA-Parlay preseason opener, but by all indications (save the Batch injury) there was a lot of positives to take away from it, especially from the first-team offense. Glad to read that Mendenhall was running effectively and that Ben didn't get sacked twice on the opening series. The return team and the coverage team sounded like they played decent. Limas Sweed got a few catches. Pretty auspicious stuff.

In the wake of that comes reports that the Steelers signed both Byron Leftwich and Daunte Culpepper, which makes about as much sense as that rumored Kevin Jones signing (thank fuck that didn't go down) a few weeks back. I'm not really sure who to pull for out of those two to take Batch's place while he's on the mend. Culpepper would probably make more sense in the Steelers' offense, since his size and scrambling ability to comparable to Ben's, an asset necessary with a shaky offensive line.

Anyway, I'll getting back into the thick of things with the season approaching and hope to have more as the Stillers have to head up to the untamed land of Canadia to face the Bills on Thursday.

3 comments:

sides said...

life makes sense again

Joey Porter’s Pit Bulls said...

Actually, they signed Byron Berger to play backup QB and punt.

Christmas said...

Yeah. Either way, I hope he gets as little PT as possible.