2.02.2009

Your Six-Time Super Bowl Champion Steelers

Me and my ticker would have been perfectly satisfied had the Steelers maintained their 20-7 advantage at the beginning of the fourth quarter, though the coming-back-to-win-in-dazzling-fashion things seems more in keeping with the larger theme of this season.

Forgoing a full recap now because I'm overcome with celebration and drink, I'll reflect on just a few of the memorable moments: James Harrison getting the longest play in Super Bowl history. LaMarr Woodley notching another two sacks for the fourth consecutive time in a playoff game. The time where Bruce Arians actually called a pretty decent game in the Super Bowl. Hines crying after the game while holding his kid. Mike Tomlin becomming the youngest Super Bowl-winning coach ever.

Oh, and there's always THE GAME-WINNING FINAL DRIVE BY (hater-described overrated game manager) BEN ROETHLISBERGER AND INSANE CATCH BY SANTONIO HOLMES IN TRIPLE COVERAGE TO SECURE A RECORD SIXTH RING. That was some kind of nice.

And now to sleep the sleep of boozy champions. Santonio must be dipping into the celebration weed as well.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

where are the haters now? go back and cry to your mommas.

6 time super bowl champs.

typing that felt as good as the last nut I threw down your collective girlfriends/'wives'/sisters'/moms' gullets.

suck it.

Joey Porter’s Pit Bulls said...

Awesome all around. Tomlin's post-game homage to his father-in-law was cool, too.

HAWAIIAN_STEEL said...

CHEE-HOOOO!!!!! Good ass game. My throat hurts from all the screaming done.

tbone said...

Dear City of Phoenix,

Suck it. Especially you Mayor Gordon.

Sincerely,

Tbone & the rest of Steeler nation.

gamechump said...

/watching game.
/getting drunk.
/taking aspirin due to massive hangover.
/thanks the Steelers.

FUCKING AMAZING!!!

Dixie Normess said...

Great drive-by-drive recap over at mondesishouse that I'll be bookmarking and revisiting every week for remainder of my existence.

http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2009/02/crack-open-six-pack.html

Cornbread said...

Blood on my shirt this morning.

Greatest game I've ever seen!


YAAAAAAAA!!!

johnny said...

Tremendous game. I've never been more proud to be a Steelers fan. Super Bowl XL was great, but for some reason, this one feels better. I could not be happier for the Six Time Super Bowl Champs!

Enjoy a well-deserved Choco Taco or some Dip n' Dots, Ben.

Anonymous said...

was anyone else more worried about losing the coin toss in overtime than not scoring points when we got the ball back with 2 minutes left?

Mandy said...

i had at least 3 heart attacks during the game. when i realized bruce arians was actually calling decent plays, when the cards took the lead, and when santonio made that unbelievable catch. amazing game. my throat still hurts from the screaming. it's gonna be a good day over at ksk, ape.

Tommy said...

Ah just made it back to San Francisco from Pittsburgh... what a win. All those years of repping a #10 jersey since his rookie year paid big dividends.

The riots were great, avoided the tear gas, but my friend got his foot run over by a biker cop.

tiny350Z said...

Awesome.
I'm back at work, in the crappy city, but I'm still glowing.
And yeah, could have done without the coronary in the fourth quarter... but it was worth it!

Gaell said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://laptopseries.net