1.20.2010

Revis Island Just Floated By The Steelers


With how salient the Steelers problems have been at cornerback this season, we probably don't need to be reminded how the team was this close to having the best cover guy in the NFL, only for him to swiped right out from under them. But Darrelle Revis ascension to that status has plunged me into a fit of sulking over might have been.

Recall that the Steelers had the 15th pick in the 2007 Draft. Lots of pundits had pegged Pitt product Revis as a possible, even likely, selection for the team. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. But the Jets made that speculation moot by trading up into the 14th pick to take Revis, one ahead of the Steelers.

The Steelers ended up taking Lawrence Timmons with the next selection. Timmons is a fine player who shows flashes of explosive play, but at times seems like he hasn't fully grasped all the nuances of the game. Either way, he's not Revis.

And as much as we want to gripe about losing out on a top corner, Leon Hall, who has transformed into a superior cover guy in his own right, was still on the board. He eventually went to the Bungles at 18.

Hopefully there's a chance to rectify that this year.

3 comments:

Buck said...

Why has this always been or biggest weakness? I can't remember a time when we had a stellar back four. I always go back to the Darren Perry days of horrible pass coverage and our patented sieve defense.

It looks like our needs are far and wide this year. A new offensive line, a new safety, 2 DBs, some younger defensive linemen.

Can we finally get rid of the Turnstyle?

Anonymous said...

Hi

My name is Emily Walker. I've just visited your website and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website. I can offer you a HOME PAGE link back from 2 of my Gambling Guide websites which are:

http://anthonygreenmusic.com/ with page rank 5
http://itcontrolling.info/ with page rank 2

If you are interested, please add the following information to your
website and kindly let me know when it's ready. I'll do the same for
you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your
site.

Title: Horse Betting
URL: http://www.freebettingonline.co.uk/Horse-Racing-Betting/
Description: View all the latest horse racing information online.



I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time.

Best regards;

Emily Walker
emily.walker@anthonygreenmusic.com
Web Marketing Consultant

gamechump said...

No James Harrison Pro Bowl INT post yet?

I am shocked and disappointing.

/drunk